Part-Time Assistant Teacher of Early Childhood
Company: Catapult Learning
Location: West New York
Posted on: June 6, 2021
As an assistant teacher in a Catapult Learning Early Childhood
Program, you are required to perform the following job functions to
the best of your ability, at all times.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
Other duties may be assigned.
- Maintain customer focus by relating positively to children and
demonstrating professional relationships with parents, children,
co-workers, and school staff.
- Complete assigned tasks in a timely manner which may include
updating display areas, rearranging learning materials, maintaining
appearance of classroom, organizing supplies
- Attend school functions, staff meetings, workshops, and
in-services as required
- Supervise children at all times including playground area, must
be able to shift priorities and multi-task as necessary.
- Meet and greet parents, children and visitors on arrival and
- Maintain confidentiality of co-workers, children, and
- Direct parental contact and information relative to children's'
progress to teacher or program director.
- Maintain records such as student attendance, incident and
- Follow lesson plans as directed by the classroom teacher and
implement specific experiences and activities for children.
High school diploma or equivalent, continuing education and
early childhood teaching experience preferred or as required by
Candidate must possess a CDA Certificate or AA in Early
Candidate must be CPR Certified.
OTHER JOB REQUIREMENTS:
The position is for a morning and afterschool program. The
candidate must be availabe from 7:30am - 8:45am and again from
2:45pm until 6:00pm. There are certain extended program hours as
Must understand that all children can learn. Must demonstrate
positive and enthusiastic attitude towards internal and external
customers. Must be flexible.
Responsible for updating employee file with continuing education
information on a yearly basis.
PHYSICAL ENVIRONMENT/WORKING CONDITIONS:
Light lifting, walking, climbing stairs. Most programs are in
Keywords: Catapult Learning, West New York , Part-Time Assistant Teacher of Early Childhood, Other , West New York, New Jersey
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!